Monday, March 4, 2013

A quick word ...


Before I go any further, let me make something very clear.... I am not a gourmet cook and DO NOT aspire to be one. I grew up completely clueless about what happened in the kitchen until I was in my 20's and was not in the least bit interested. My mother was a smart woman and so, while all my friends' moms were giving them a hard time forcing them to spend hours in the kitchen learning how to cook, she was cool and said "when the time comes you will learn… its not a big deal." As the years went by and she continued to be pretty unconcerned, I began to grow apprehensive..So, when I got married some 20 odd years ago, I literally needed instructions to cook rice :D. But imagine my surprise when I actually began to cook and realized that it truly is not a big deal!!!
So, for starters, let’s understand the basic funda here... I do not believe in slogging for hours in the kitchen... see no point in doing something from scratch if you can get it ready-made... and I do not get into fancy presentation either. Shortcuts and using what you got available is my forte… and I can promise you will have a tasty dish each time on your table!!
What I am going to do on this blog is to create a recipe diary... I will put up the recipe/s of what I cook each day (I will try to put in some pictures too... but may not be able to do so all the time).

No comments:

Post a Comment